Seek Your Desires on the Web

Monday, December 31, 2007

Are You Living Your True Self?

Beginning this blog was seemingly difficult as there are so many subjects I have to share. However, something happened today. I received an unknown Christmas card. Upon opening it, I had no idea who it was from, as the return address and name did not ring any bells. I figured the answer would become clear soon enough and it did. I was made aware of a dear friend’s passing from this earth. His daughter had written a reply to my card to him for the holidays. I was compelled to write about him first because of what joy he brought to our home in the little time he spent here. He was like an angel, paying us a special visit.

George is of whom I am telling this story. I first met George as one of my patients while doing home care nursing. He was a very sweet person with a gentle nature. His home had many interesting crystals, rocks and minerals in it – everywhere! I commented on the vast array and we struck up a bond immediately. I saw him often due to his nursing needs at the time that eventually ended and he was discharged from the agency. During one of our chats at his home, I asked him if he was aware of crystal’s healing properties. He said he had contemplated it at a time, but was more scientific about it in the past. He expressed being more open to learning about it now. I loaned him a book on crystals and he was eager to learn more. On the day I discharged him from the agency he gave me a gift, a beautiful quartz crystal. He gave it to me knowing my interests in healing with crystals. I cherish this crystal. It is in my meditation room. Its main purpose is to absorb any negative energy that enters the room.

Later, I had gone on a long weekend conference to learn more about myself and my abilities that I wanted to share with the world. This too George was anxious to learn more. He and I kept in touch via an e-mail here and there, very brief. He would let me know of upcoming events with his “rock-hound friends” as he called them. I would occasionally run into him at the local grocery store and we’d chat for a few minutes. He always had a nice positive energy around him – never bitter or angry. Life was good for him. I could see it written all over his face.

In July 2007, we had our first big party at our home and I had decided to invite George and a guest. He gleefully replied and showed up bearing gifts and smiles. He had a camera around his neck and asked permission to snap some candid shots. He was having a ball. There were two toddler girls there that he took a liking to and called them his favorite “party girls.” George and his guest were elegant and polite. I think they may have enjoyed the party more than anyone else. The party was a mix of friends and family, a large group. I mention this because everyone at the party knew my husband and I very well. George only knew me through being my patient and our intermittent conversations. His true self was shining through. He was the most grateful guest I had ever had come to my home, ever! He thanked my husband and I countless times for inviting him to our party and allowing him to enjoy himself. I was grateful for George coming to my home because he showed me how to live life even better that day. George was living in the moment – each and every one of them. He was savoring each second and not wasting time on the list of “to-do’s” that might be waiting at home or what the people that didn’t know him might be thinking. Nope! George just gracefully carried himself about like a sweet and gentle angel. He mingled with everyone and everyone accepted him and mingled back. I have to say he was my guest of honor, but I didn’t know it until that evening when I was talking about how grateful he and his guest were after they had gone home.

George passed away in August, shortly after our party. He was living life to its fullest until he left this earth. I believe that George may have known of his upcoming transition, but I don’t believe that was the reason for his enjoyment of life. I had seen George’s attitude maintain the same beautiful energy for the 16 months I had known him.

Although I did not know George in the manner as good friends know one another, I knew George. And yes, I consider him to be a dear friend. He was a beacon of light, shining for all to see, drawing those distant from him closer. He was a generous soul with much love to give. He was gentle and kind with a heart of gold. Not only was he compassionate toward the people he loved and cared for, but also about the animals that surrounded his country home. I am grateful to have had the moments I did to get to know George personally. His light and love for life was apparent. I am sure George is spreading his wealth of love and illuminating the heavens as I write this for you. Perhaps George was not always this way, but he was showing who he really was and desired to be. His true self!

I encourage all of you reading this today to be your true self. Not just today, but every day – like George. Live in every moment – savor life! We are here to enjoy life, not to struggle and strain. Pushing only makes it harder. Let things flow and they will be so much easier. As 2008 is almost here, celebrate you and your accomplishments. Let’s not waste time on what we “wanted to do” or “failed to do.” Nobody failed! It is all in divine timing.

Look into your heart and allow yourself to radiate who you really are! Go ahead, don’t be shy! We want to see it. The truth is, the more you show your true self, the more others around you will feel comfortable doing it too!

Happy New Year to all!

Peace, love & light,

Jill Haas RN, BSN

Certified Reiki Practitioner
Professional Life Coach
Angel Therapy Practitioner®, Certified by Doreen Virtue, PhD.
Voice Mail (641) 715-3900 x8132705#

4 comments:

spiritualintuitive said...

Truly beautiful, Jill. Thank you for sharing this.

I remember meeting George at your party and he had an aura of true peace and joy around him. He was living in the present moment without censure or fear. It was apparent that he viewed every moment as a precious gift. What a great reminder for all of us! Then and now.

George will join ranks with your spiritual "posse", offering guidance, protection and continued insights. In fact, he already has.

Love,
Mom

Unknown said...

Very profound and deep; you definitely have a way with words and your thoughts...I remember meeting george at your party. He was there with a nice european woman...Crystals are healing...I don't know muc about angel cards;other than they are better than tarots...I hope that you have much luck with them in helping others aswell as the deseased ones in your family...they also need help! Laina

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,
Wow, you express yourself very well in writing and I am glad you are starting this blog.
It struck me how much of what you were saying is the same stuff I have been thinking about lately - like celebrating our accomplishments (instead of resolving not to screw up again) at the end of a new year, expressing our love and true feelings (something I of course do but then often regret so what you said was very validating).
I really liked hearing about your friend George but also of your APPRECIATION of him is also a beautiful thing. It takes a special person to appreciate people who bring unique gifts that are not the loudest, brightest glaring neon gifts of this world but something much quieter, much more special. It is beautiful that you are can see that type of beauty in others and cherish, validate and celebrate that. Thanks for starting this chain of positive communication.
With Love, Lori

John said...

I loved your story about your friend. I remember meeting him briefly at your party and the stories you had shared after the party. Wouldn't it be grand if we all looked at life in such a positive light? Love to you and Dave from John K